Welcome to Colorado Department of Education
|The CDE Resource Bank is intended to support and inform instruction by providing tools to help teachers understand what students know and are able to do and find quality resources to support teaching and learning. The first items in the CDE Resource Bank are assessments which will provide the field with a starting point in understanding student learning and may be used for educator effectiveness purposes.|
The tutorials below introduce the overall make-up of the Resource Bank with the emphasis on Assessment and how to effectively use the search function to find assessments by keyword, grade, content area, type of assessment, and cost.
How Assessments were Reviewed
Through a collaborative process with Colorado educators and national researchers, assessments aligned to Colorado standards were identified. To effectively understand how assessment were reviewed, the following documents should be examined.
- Assessment Review Tool (Content collaborative teams used this tool to evaluate each assessment as to its alignment, rigor, bias, and opportunities for learning.) Also review the instructions on using the Assessment Review Tool.
- Assessment Inventory (The Assessment Inventory identifies the assessments that were provided to the Content Collaborative teams for review.) Go to the Posts Tab, choose the Assessment Inventory category, and click on the Assessment Inventory Post.
- Gap Reports (The gap reports indicate areas that do not have identified assessments at this time.) Go to the Posts Tab, choose the Gaps Report category, and click on the Gap Reports Post.
Help improve this Resource Bank by completing a brief feedback survey.
Important Notice: The Resource Bank contains assessments that have gone through a review process. These assessments are being provided for use by school districts at their discretion.
Recent Group Activity
The Assessment Review Tool is designed to help Colorado educators rate an assessment’s potential for measuring student academic growth aligned to the Colorado Academic Standards. This tool helps measure the extent to which an assessment does the following:
- Aligns to the Colorado Academic Standards
- Includes rigorous scoring criteria
- Is fair and unbiased
- Provides opportunities for learning
How to Use the Assessment Review Tool Read more »
The Colorado Content Collaboratives found many assessments aligned to Colorado Academic Standards. Unfortunately, gaps exist where some standards and Evidence Outcomes do not have identified assessments that can be used to gauge student knowledge and potentially, student growth.
The attached reports include where the gaps are in a content area (click on the Post's title to see attached files).
Additional content areas will be added as they come available. These gaps will be the focus of upcoming Content Collaborative meetings.
Colorado Content Collaborative (CCC) members and national researchers selected and reviewed a wide variety of assessments. To check on what assessments were reviewed and their level of recommendation, click the appropriate content area inventory file. (Click on this Post to see attachments.)
As more content area inventories are developed, they will be added to this Post.
Assessments are now available in Math, Physical Education, Health, Science, and World Languages.
Colorado Academic Standards use a reference system to identify each piece of a standard, including individual inquiry questions and relevance and application statements. To learn more, go to the following document:
Many statistical and educational terms are used in the assessment area. To aid your understanding of these terms, download the attached Assessment Term Glossary.